Wednesday 28 May 2008

This is how it is going

Chapter two was finished this afternoon. I think my favourite part about writing a book, at least so far, is finding out what happens. It’s a great feeling when you go to bed looking forward to waking up and discovering how the story progresses.

Finishing chapters is fun as well because at the end of each so far, and probably at the end of all of them, I have a little interlude about characters that haven’t really entered the story yet. One is a bit of back story, and the other is a set up for something that happens in Chapter 3. I think I said before that I’m wary of rushing ahead to get to “payoffs” from some of the setups, and having the interludes to skip back or forth or sideways in the story is enormous fun. Hopefully they should make people really excited about what’s coming next, as well.

I’m not ready to put anything up on here yet, but I think the first interlude will be one of the first things to get shown off.

No comments: